Who are we?
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when you register with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions.
We keep a record of any purchase/s you make at uniquelylocal.co.uk. This means that we can help to deal with any queries or problems you may have, and also so we can ensure that any information that we send to you is relevant.
We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us, so we can track any problems or concerns you’ve had with any of the suppliers on our website.
If you contact uniquelylocal.co.uk by telephone we may store information given during that call for the purpose of dispute resolution and/or complaints management.
Information is automatically collected when you use the site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system and your access times.
How do we use your personal data?
All the information we collect via the Site or through correspondence (including telephone calls) with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you and to personalise our service. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Passing on your orders to your chosen uniquelylocal.co.uk suppliers so they can supply goods and services to you and for customer administration.
- Planning and managing uniquelylocal.co.uk’s business activities, including analysis of customers’ shopping habits, success of advertisements and push notifications and product and style preferences of our customers.
- Technical administration of our website.
If you have consented to receiving marketing emails we will:
- provide you with information about the services we offer and about offers and news from uniquelylocal.co.uk.
These are the circumstances in which we may share some of your data with others:
- When we instruct agents, contractors or third party service providers to provide business operations support (including advertising and marketing advice and support), financial services and technology services. Please note that these third parties are under contract, and our service agreements dictate that they only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us and not for their own benefit.
- If we are requested by the police or a regulatory or government authority investigating illegal activities to provide information concerning your activities whilst using the network we shall do so.
How do we store your data and protect your information?
We do all we can to keep the personal information you give us secure, but no security measures are impenetrable, and it’s impossible to guarantee that data transmission will never be intercepted. You acknowledge that the Internet is not a 100% secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any sensitive transactions such as payments.
Only employees, our partners and any third party service providers who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
How to unsubscribe
If you no longer wish to receive any further email messages, post or other communications from us or you no longer wish to be contacted by other companies who you permitted us to provide your details to then please email us email@example.com and we will update our email subscriber lists.